Letter Collections

  • Tom Mix
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 13, 2006

      I received my copy of Sherman’s Civil War Monday and it looks great. So glad to own it. Does any one know of any other similar collection of correspondences of other Civil War figures?  It could be a fascinating study and offer considerable insight into a person’s thought process.

      Tom

    • Rick Moody
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 13, 2006
        --- Tom Mix <tmix@...> wrote:

        > ...a fascinating study and offer considerable
        insight into a person's thought process.

        > Tom

        Herein lies the true value of memoirs. You get a view
        of the mans thought process and values. I have read
        Grant, Sherman, Sheridan, Longstreet, Johnston, and
        the letters of RE Lee and a few others. All show
        great insight to the mind of these great men of
        renown. All of these men were high achievers yet
        obtained their successes in different ways.

        Rick Moody
        r_moody@...

        "When you arise in the morning,
        give thanks for the morning light,