Re: [civilwarwest] Re: Affair at the Gulp House?

  • DORR64OVI@aol.com
    Message 1 of 55 , Jun 4, 2006
      In a message dated 6/4/2006 12:02:47 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, banbruner@... writes:
      Gulps,Culps, Kulps, Kolbs.

      Thanks Guys, I think I've got it figured out now.

      Bill Bruner
      Francis McKinneys "Education in Violence" indicates that Sherman had not cared for Hooker since "Fighting Joe" had made some caustic comments about Shermans failure at Chattanooga.  The Kolbs Farm - Kulp House incident intensified Sherman's animosity.

      Albert Castel in "Decision in the West" concludes that Sherman made up portions of his account of the Kolbs Farm incident as written in post war Memoirs.

      Kent Dorr
    • GnrlJEJohnston@aol.com
      Message 55 of 55 , Jun 7, 2006
        In a message dated 6/7/2006 12:40:04 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, clarkc@... writes:
        This is an interesting view of the role of an historian.

        To research and present data but not to interpret?

        HankC
        Yes research and present data, but if there is personal interpretation, let it be stated as so, to prevent it being taken as fact.  Is that too much to ask.

        JEJ