Re: [civilwarwest] Re: Stragglers and refugees at Shiloh

  • Stanley Balsky
    Message 1 of 342 , Jun 2, 2006
      A bit more experienced than the armed mobs at first
      Manassas.
      Stan

      --- keeno2@... wrote:

      > Daylight Time,
      > melchizedek22@... writes:
      > I think one thing that has not been said,about
      > Shiloh,is they
      > were two armys,with very little training at the
      > time,which really
      > means two armed mobs. And Generals who really were
      > Captains,learning
      > to be Generals on the job.Its a wonder more didn't
      > run,and that both
      > sides did as good as they did. BvT
      > two
      > Ditto! It is also amazing that a fight of such
      > magnitude actually occurred,
      > and that both sides performed so well. Shiloh should
      > have mirrored 1st
      > Manassas. It didn't. Hmmmm? Western boys!
      > Ken

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • pvtjessett
      Message 342 of 342 , Jun 3, 2006
        Compliments,
        I'll answer my own remark. On the second day after rebs were
        withdrawn from front line positions. Forrest stated (Yes Mr.
        Huddeleston I can verify), "Only God can save that Fort".
        Donnelson not only was more than a bust for the Sesesh, it kept
        Grant around. To the southern chagrin later on.

        Paul

        --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "pvtjessett" <pw541301@...>