Affair at the Gulp House?

  • Bill Bruner
    Message 1 of 55 , Jun 2, 2006
      In reading Sherman's memoirs I ran across the line that he (Sherman)
      had been dissatisfied with Hooker since the affair at the Gulp House.

      I Googled this term with no success (a rarity). Can anyone help?

      Thank you, Bill Bruner
    • GnrlJEJohnston@aol.com
      Message 55 of 55 , Jun 7, 2006
        In a message dated 6/7/2006 12:40:04 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, clarkc@... writes:
        This is an interesting view of the role of an historian.

        To research and present data but not to interpret?

        HankC
        Yes research and present data, but if there is personal interpretation, let it be stated as so, to prevent it being taken as fact.  Is that too much to ask.

        JEJ