Re: [civilwarwest] Joe Johnston the Confederacy's best hope in the West #2

  • Ronald black
    Message 1 of 4 , May 22, 2006
      JEJ aka Wayne:
      Your post is a good summary of a deplorable situation that existed Johnston and President Davis.  (No comment is necessary concerning Hood and Wheeler)  Both must share blame but if Davis had a proper army staff composed of qualified officers at army HQ, then they could have helped to ease the strain.  This staff should have included some independent thinkers to balance the army staff.

      Ron