Re: [civilwarwest] Re: Joe Johnston: the Confederacy's best hope in the west

  • Arie alkema
    Message 1 of 342 , May 6, 2006
      Who was refered to as Old Blue Light? None other than the mighty Stonewall, T.J.Jackson.

      pvtjessett <pw541301@...> wrote:
      Nick, Kind Sir,

      Maybe I got you on this one???  Who was called "Ole Blue Light"

      Paul

      -- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, nickrelee@... wrote:

      > George Meade was the Old Googled Eyed Snappy Turtle
      > Joe Johnston was the Old Gamecock
      > Beauregard was Old Bory
      > --Nick

      > In a message dated 5/6/2006 6:28:35 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
      > pw541301@... writes:
      >
      > I may  have Maj. Gen. Johnston mixed up with someone else but I
      > believe the  troops refered to him as that "Ole Googled Eyed
      Snappy
      > Turtle". "Old Game  cock" was P.G.T. Beauregargd(SP).
      > If I am wrong please correct  me.

    • pvtjessett
      Message 342 of 342 , Jun 3, 2006
        Compliments,
        I'll answer my own remark. On the second day after rebs were
        withdrawn from front line positions. Forrest stated (Yes Mr.
        Huddeleston I can verify), "Only God can save that Fort".
        Donnelson not only was more than a bust for the Sesesh, it kept
        Grant around. To the southern chagrin later on.

        Paul

        --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "pvtjessett" <pw541301@...>