Note From The Moderator

  • Dick Weeks
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 11, 2006
      Don't get excited.  This is not something you folks have done that I am interrupting about :-)  I just wanted you all to have the latest update on my effort to clean up and host  the LSU Civil War Center's Link Site.  As most of you know I took this site over about a  month or so ago to try to save a great resource for those that search the Internet for Civil War sites.  They were kind enough to send me their database and now have me linked from their main site.  As I think I told you before I had to do a lot of clean up work to really make the site acceptable to my standards.  I still have to clean up the Index page a little because I don't like the way it is laid out.  That will come a little later.  Anyway, when the clean up was accomplished I did a check on all the links (I have a program that does that) and of the 7,000 they said they had, a little more than 800 were no longer active.  I had to delete those.  Now for the good news, I have not quite 9,000 sites linked and as of last night all were good links.  Please bear in mind that when I link a site I do not judge it as to its content, construction, or anything else.  I merely check to see if it is a good link and the site is what the search engine says it is.  If you would care to visit my link site here is the address:

      I know the last time I put this up some of could not link to it.  If your email does not allow you to just click on the link, cut and paste it into your browser.  This is the correct address. I personally think this is the most comprehensive Civil War Link site on the Internet because it is well indexed and most, if not all,  of the links are good.  If it is not as good as I think, and some of you know about a better one, please let me know.  I would like to visit it to see how I can improve this one.  Thanks for your time and I am sorry for the interruption.  Now back to your regular programming.

      Dick (a.k.a. Shotgun)
      http://www.civilwarhome.com