Re: Bragg Vs Forrest

  • pvtjessett
    Message 1 of 115 , Apr 1, 2006
      BoB Compliments sir,

      You are 100% correct sir. As my father used to say " When a superior
      officer comes on the field, you shake in your boots and say nothing
      until he leaves"
      But at the same time where does "Adapt, Change with the enviroment,
      Be flexible" come in? How high should that go? He was not a West
      Point person, He saw things as basic "Checker" moves, and for the
      most part correctly. At what point in a wide open situation, as the
      West was, do you say NO. Insubordination, Yes probably, but go
      figure! Donnelson, Chattanooga, and a few others were lost by the
      book.

      Paul

      --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, huddleston.r@... wrote:

      > At the bottom of this argument is that what the Forrest supporters
      are arguing is that Forrest is not competent to be a General Officer.

      > Paragraph One of the Army Regulations, both US and CS:
      >
      > “1. ALL inferiors are required to obey strictly, and to
      execute with alacrity and good faith, the lawful orders of the
      superiors appointed over them.”

      > --
      > Take care,
      >
      > Bob
      >
      > Judy and Bob Huddleston
      > 10643 Sperry Street
      > Northglenn, CO 80234-3612
      > huddleston.r@...

    • pvtjessett
      Message 115 of 115 , Apr 8, 2006
        Bob, Compliments Sir,

        I'm sorry for not getting back to you sooner, I just happen to
        notice your inquiry-I appogize(SP).
        Although I have a very "child like mind" I rarely make quotes that I
        can't back up and if my bluff is called I either acknowledge my
        screw up or own up to it.
        The actual quote which reads as follows:"A man I have never
        seen,Sir. His name is Forrest"
        I have seen this same qutoe in several publications but will give
        you the easiest one to document, if this does not suffice please let
        me know and I will give further documentation.
        Title: "May I qoute you General Lee" Randall Bedwell, Gramecy Books,
        Nashville, ISBN 0-517-21992-1, Pg.#54

        Your Humble Servant,
        Paul

        --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, huddleston.r@... wrote:

        > I do not think so. I would like to see a source for that quotation.
        >
        > --
        > Take care,
        >
        > Bob
        >
        > Judy and Bob Huddleston
        > 10643 Sperry Street
        > Northglenn, CO 80234-3612
        > huddleston.r@...

        > From: "pvtjessett" <pw541301@...>
        > BOB,
        >
        > General Lee when asked after the war by a reporter who his best
        Gen.
        > was answered " A man I have never met named Forrest", A
        > competent "Gen. Officer", well someone thought so
        >
        > Paul
        >
        > --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, huddleston.r@ wrote:
        > >
        > > At the bottom of this argument is that what the Forrest
        supporters
        > are arguing is that Forrest is not competent to be a General
        Officer.

        > > Paragraph One of the Army Regulations, both US and CS:
        > >
        > > “1. ALL inferiors are required to obey strictly, and to
        > execute with alacrity and good faith, the lawful orders of the
        > superiors appointed over them.”
        > >
        > > --
        > > Take care,
        > >
        > > Bob
        > >
        > > Judy and Bob Huddleston
        > > 10643 Sperry Street
        > > Northglenn, CO 80234-3612
        > > huddleston.r@
        > >

        > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
        >
        > Visit your group "civilwarwest" on the web.

        Service.