Re: [civilwarwest] Re: Bragg Vs Forrest

  • huddleston.r@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 115 , Mar 31 9:57 PM
      At the bottom of this argument is that what the Forrest supporters are arguing is that Forrest is not competent to be a General Officer.

      Paragraph One of the Army Regulations, both US and CS:

      ���1. ALL inferiors are required to obey strictly, and to execute with alacrity and good faith, the lawful orders of the superiors appointed over them.���

      --
      Take care,

      Bob

      Judy and Bob Huddleston
      10643 Sperry Street
      Northglenn, CO 80234-3612
      huddleston.r@...
    • pvtjessett
      Message 115 of 115 , Apr 8, 2006
        Bob, Compliments Sir,

        I'm sorry for not getting back to you sooner, I just happen to
        notice your inquiry-I appogize(SP).
        Although I have a very "child like mind" I rarely make quotes that I
        can't back up and if my bluff is called I either acknowledge my
        screw up or own up to it.
        The actual quote which reads as follows:"A man I have never
        seen,Sir. His name is Forrest"
        I have seen this same qutoe in several publications but will give
        you the easiest one to document, if this does not suffice please let
        me know and I will give further documentation.
        Title: "May I qoute you General Lee" Randall Bedwell, Gramecy Books,
        Nashville, ISBN 0-517-21992-1, Pg.#54

        Your Humble Servant,
        Paul

        --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, huddleston.r@... wrote:

        > I do not think so. I would like to see a source for that quotation.
        >
        > --
        > Take care,
        >
        > Bob
        >
        > Judy and Bob Huddleston
        > 10643 Sperry Street
        > Northglenn, CO 80234-3612
        > huddleston.r@...

        > From: "pvtjessett" <pw541301@...>
        > BOB,
        >
        > General Lee when asked after the war by a reporter who his best
        Gen.
        > was answered " A man I have never met named Forrest", A
        > competent "Gen. Officer", well someone thought so
        >
        > Paul
        >
        > --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, huddleston.r@ wrote:
        > >
        > > At the bottom of this argument is that what the Forrest
        supporters
        > are arguing is that Forrest is not competent to be a General
        Officer.

        > > Paragraph One of the Army Regulations, both US and CS:
        > >
        > > “1. ALL inferiors are required to obey strictly, and to
        > execute with alacrity and good faith, the lawful orders of the
        > superiors appointed over them.”
        > >
        > > --
        > > Take care,
        > >
        > > Bob
        > >
        > > Judy and Bob Huddleston
        > > 10643 Sperry Street
        > > Northglenn, CO 80234-3612
        > > huddleston.r@
        > >

        > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
        >
        > Visit your group "civilwarwest" on the web.

        Service.