Artillery carriages and ammo boxes

  • Donald R. Simmons
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 31, 2006
      Can anyone refer me to drawings with dimensions for Cannon Carriages
      and ammo boxes of the Civil War & Mexican 1848 wars?
      Don
    • GnrlJEJohnston@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1, 2006
        In a message dated 3/31/2006 10:32:33 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, donald.simmons@... writes:
        Can anyone refer me to drawings with dimensions for Cannon Carriages
        and ammo boxes of the Civil War & Mexican 1848 wars?
        Don
        Don, there is a blacksmith at Amish Acres in Indiana that makes cannons.  Thirteen of his cannons were used in the movie Gettysburg.  He also reenacts with a unit out of Battle Creek, MI.  Look up Amish Acres in Google to get the address to contact him.  He would be able to help you.

        JEJ

        "As fast as we gain one position, the enemy (JEJ) has another all ready."
        William T. Sherman, June 1864