Re: Forrest in general (no pun intended)

  • pvtjessett
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 25 5:53 PM
      Mr. Dave, Compliments Sir,

      Yes 100% correct on the Dover (Ft. Donelson) Mission, thanks.
      Forrest's reasoning if I may be so bold was Why In Gods Name Take A
      Place You Can Niether Really Hold nor Defend????. Wheeler gave the
      order he (Forrest) executed it.
      As far as giving him the whole western part of that time the
      Cofederacy so to speak was probably more than he could chew , you
      are correct. Had the powers that be not already taken two of his
      hand picked and trained units (Darn near division sized) already and
      asked him to build from scratch again he might of had a better
      chance. Although he did darn well for the supplies and equipage
      supplied which was nada. Ask Col. Strieght.

      Paul