Cahaba prison information

  • jimchristianhall
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 24, 2006
      I did a quick search on the internet and found a mention of Cahaba
      prison that said:

      "The commanding officer at Cahaba Prison was Captain H. A. M.
      Henderson. He was a Methodist minister. Due to his overseeing of
      this prison, prisoners were treated fairly and the death rate was
      extremely low in comparison to most other Civil War Prison Camps."

      But it also said that the prisoners had to sleep on bare floors and
      that sewage mixed with the water supply, so it certainly wasn't a
      place where I'd want to be spending any leisure hours.

      Jim Hall
      <