Re: [civilwarwest] Camp Douglas

  • Rick Moody
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 24, 2006
      --- DPowell334@... wrote:
      > Well, I could do without the histronics.
      >
      > The facts presented are quite wrong, as well.
      >
      > In fact, 26,000 men were imprisoned at Douglas
      > between 1862-5. The total
      > death rate for those men was about 3700, though some
      > figures go as high as 4,000.
      > The death rate was about 14%, not the ridiculous 50%
      > claimed above.
      >
      > In short, I prefer my history based on facts.
      >
      > There don't seem to be any here. Pity.
      >
      > Dave Powell

      Now Dave, didn't you know that the Da Vinci code
      clearly predicts that Nostrodamas would predict that
      UFO's from Pluto would take over the warped mind of
      Abraham Lincoln and cause endless atrocities against
      the poor captured and tortured patriots???

      The History Channel has become the beacon of
      histrionics and almost useless for real history.

      Rick

      Rick Moody
      r_moody@...

      "When you arise in the morning,