Re: [civilwarwest] A Question

  • Dick Weeks
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 17, 2006
      Harry, you are correct in that "quotes" are real toughies. I put them in
      the same category as "trivia." When I get questions on quotes or trivia, if
      I don't know the answer right away I generally write and say, "sorry I can't
      help." However, if the question really interests me, such as this one did,
      I might submit it to group otherwise I spend very little time on the things.
      They are just too difficult to research.

      One other thing on a completely different subject, just in case some might
      be interested. When I first took over the LSU Civil War Center's Link Site,
      after all the dust had settled and I had purged all the dead links from the
      files I had 6,575 links that worked. I now have that back up 7,255 workable
      links. I am starting to get some email now requesting links. Unfortunately
      a lot of them are already there, the individual requesting the link just
      didn't see it. I want to assure everyone in the group that the links on
      those pages will be kept up to date. I run a "verify links" program once a
      week.

      Dick (a.k.a. Shotgun)
      http://www.civilwarhome.com