Re: [civilwarwest] Re: Digest Number 2519

  • LWhite64@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 3, 2006
      In a message dated 3/3/2006 4:48:44 AM Eastern Standard Time, DanGiallo@... writes:

      Which reminds of Bragg, about whom it was said, "He never forgot a
      tactic or a strategy. Or learned a new one."---
      Well like so much that was said of Bragg, I dont think that one is true.  He certainly had a lot of faults, but what little that was made to advance tactics in the army was done by him.  Also, I would argue that his strategic use of the railroads in 62, led to one of the greatest reverses of the war, when he forced Buell to leave north Alabama and chase him into Kentucky.  So the old dog deserves some credit.

      Lee