New Part of Website

  • Dick Weeks
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 1, 2006
      I have been a little hesitate in posting this to the group but now I think I have it ready for folks to use.  As many of you know the LSU Civil War Center no longer maintains the "links" part of their website.  They were gracious enough to provide me with their database so I could maintain it on my website.  Here is the link.

      I won't go into all the problems I have had getting it up and running properly, but suffice it, the thing is up.  You might notice a slight change in the way the links are presented from the old way.  I thought everything was fine until I went to put up some new links the other day then I found a problem.  Many of the pages with the links were not really well organized.  In that they were just a bunch of links in no particularly order.  I could not really tell if the new link I wanted to put up was there or not.  Anyway, I went back into the database and alphabetized the links on all the pages, plus I put a space between the A portion, B portion, etc.  Now I think it is much easier to see what is there.

      Anyway, I would appreciate it, if you get the chance, take a look and if you know of a good site that is not there and should be, let me know.  It is my goal to capture 90% of the Civil War websites on the Internet as well as keep the site current by deleting those that are no longer valid.  I may not be able to do it but I am going to give it a shot.  I made a new mailbox for this part of my website,  webmaster@... .  I get so much email I did not want to get email concerning this part of the site mixed in with the rest.

      By the way, I am cross posting this to the CWDG so some of you will get to read it twice :-)

      Dick (a.k.a. Shotgun)
      http://www.civilwarhome.

      Dick (a.k.a. Shotgun)
      http://www.civilwarhome.com
    • Darron Williams
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 1, 2006
        This link is not working ?
        Dick Weeks <shotgun@...> wrote:
[...]

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        Yahoo! Mail

      • Dick Weeks
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 1, 2006
          You are correct.  I tried it from the email that I got and it is not working.  However, it is the correct link.  Do me a favor and try cutting and pasting it.

          Sure sorry about this.  I have no idea what is wrong.  I never just type in an address that I am sending, I always cut and paste so I know the address is good but don't know why it doesn't link from email.

          Dick (a.k.a. Shotgun)
          http://www.civilwarhome.com

          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 1, 2006
            Well, that last one I sent seems to work.  Sorry about the confusion.

            Dick (a.k.a. Shotgun)
            http://www.civilwarhome.com

              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 1, 2006
                Strange, sometimes it does. Other times not. It's not working again.

                Darron Williams <dmwilliams1967@...> wrote:
                It now is working.

                Thanks

              • GnrlJEJohnston@aol.com
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 2, 2006
                  In a message dated 3/1/2006 6:18:37 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, shotgun@... writes:
                  Do me a favor and try cutting and pasting it.

                  Works this way    Danke