Re; Bragg at Chickamauga

  • endeavorgot
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 30, 2006
      One thing I don't understand.... One of many things about Chick.is the
      apparent inactivity of Cheatham's five brigade division on the 20th.
      ISTM that if properly placed and utilized it could have made a great
      diffference.
      Bill Bruner
    • LWhite64@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 30, 2006
        Part of the reason that Cheatham sat out most of the 20th was that part of the Division was chewed up pretty badly on the 19th, Jackson, Smith, and Maney had a rough time.   That being said, Polk had command of Cheatham and didnt use until late.

        Lee