FW: [cwdg] RE: MUSTER ANNOUNCEMENT....PLEASE READ

  • Harry Smeltzer
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2006

          For those interested in attending the spring CWDG muster, April 7-9, 2006 in the Valley the cost will $150.00 payable in two installments. The first installment of $75.00 is due on February 6, 2006. The balance is due March 6, 2006. The fee covers the following items:

      Tour guide (Gary Ecelbarger)

      Bus for Friday and Saturday

      Box lunches Saturday and Sunday

      All park fees.

      Snacks and drinks on the field

          The hotel provides a complimentary hot breakfast.

          Please make your checks payable to Tonia Smith and mail them to:

      Tonia Smith

      155 Woodland Dr.

      Pinehurst, NC 28374

          I will notify you by email when I receive your check.

           A reminder that Friday night dinner will be at the home of  Laura Denny. Laura lives in Front Royal, Virginia. Dinner will be followed by an overview of the battles we will be studying during the muster. Following the overview will be an evening of Sixties music, 1860's that is provided by Jim Morgan.  Saturday night dinner is on your own.

         Again each person is responsible for making his/her own hotel reservation(s). Muster headquarters will be at the Hampton Inn on Apple Blossom Way, Winchester, Virginia, where I have reserved a block of twelve rooms. More can be added as needed.  The price of the rooms with  group discount is $88/night, tax included. Because we are getting a special rate the hotel will not honor any other discounts such as AAA. It is imperative that you tell the reservation clerk that you are with the Civil War Discussion Group, Confirmation number (85541265) or you will not get your discount. Phone number for the Hampton Inn is 540-667-7227. No one is obligated to stay at the Hampton Inn but the bus leaves at 8:00 a.m. In order to have maximum time on the battlefields we will not be able to wait for anyone.

          The deadline for sign-ups is February 1, 2006. This date is crucial as it will determine how we will proceed from that point. Deadline for cancellations is March 2, 2006. After that date no refunds will be made for ANY reason.

        If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me at:

      or Harry at:

          If you already know that you definitely plan to attend please email me ASAP.

      Regards,

      Teej and Harry