National Tribune

  • The Coys
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 1, 2006
      All,

      Is the National Tribune online anywhere?  Specifically, I'm looking for issues dated March 11, 1882 and March 25, 1882.

      Happy New Year

      Thanks,
      Kevin S. Coy
    • DPowell334@AOL.COM
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 1, 2006
        In a message dated 1/1/2006 4:21:33 P.M. Central Standard Time, thecoys@... writes:
        All,

        Is the National Tribune online anywhere?  Specifically, I'm looking for issues dated March 11, 1882 and March 25, 1882.

        Happy New Year

        Thanks,
        Kevin S. Coy

        Despite the fact that it would be a great boon to civil war studies if it were (or even on CD/DVD) it is not.

        I do have the first 10 of 40 reels, however, and those issues are included (I have up to 1894.)

        What are you looking for?

        Dave Powell
      • The Coys
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 1, 2006
          Dave,

          Looking for two articles by Rosecrans that I don't recall reading before.

          1) March 11, 1882- Tullahoma Campaign

          2) March 25, 1882- Rosecrans on Chattanooga

          Kevin S. Coy

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 1, 2006
            In a message dated 1/1/2006 5:52:19 P.M. Central Standard Time, thecoys@... writes:
            Dave,

            Looking for two articles by Rosecrans that I don't recall reading before.

            1) March 11, 1882- Tullahoma Campaign

            2) March 25, 1882- Rosecrans on Chattanooga

            Kevin,

            Rosecrans had a fair number of things in the NT, he had a reputation to defend, after all:)

            When I get time next week, I will try and copy these for you.

            Dave
          • The Coys
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 1, 2006
              Dave,

              Thank you very much.  I really appreciate it.  As many know....I'm always looking to defend Rosy's defense. :)

              Kevin S. Coy

              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 7, 2006
                In a message dated 1/1/2006 8:10:25 P.M. Central Standard Time, thecoys@... writes:
                Dave,

                Thank you very much.  I really appreciate it.  As many know....I'm always looking to defend Rosy's defense. :)

                Kevin S. Coy
                Kevin,

                Send me your address and I will mail out the copies.

                Dave Powell