RE: [civilwarwest] Steven Spielberg begins filming Lincoln

  • Bill Gower
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 29, 2005
      I read the book. It was so interesting and I felt so close to the
      characters in the book that I found it hard to put down and I finished it in
      a week. I was so disappointed when I finished the book because I wanted
      more. It is a great book. The author covers in detail the lives of
      Lincoln, Stanton, Chase, Seward and Bates, in particular their rise in
      politics, their strivings for the 1860 nomination and the interactions
      between as a part of the cabinet. I felt like I knew each one after reading
      this book. If the movie faithfully follows the book, it should be an
      excellent movie.

      Bill