no hints for gifts this year?

  • carlw4514
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 10, 2005
      last year we got some great tips on some good books to give.
      anybody got anything good on the list this year?
    • GnrlJEJohnston@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 10, 2005
        In a message dated 12/10/2005 7:16:09 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, carlw4514@... writes:
        last year we got some great tips on some good books to give.
        anybody got anything good on the list this year?

        Yes, just got my copy of Joe Bilby's "A Revolution in Arms".   T'is great.  About the use of repeaters in the CW.   GET IT - you won't be sorry.

        JEJ
      • Tom Mix
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 10, 2005

          My copy just came this week too.  Highly recommended.

          Any others out there gang, in either theater?

          Tom

          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 10, 2005
            I have two suggestions, both are fairly new - I am about 1/3 into Grant & Sherman by Charles Bracelen Flood, although a familiar story, it is very enjoyable so far .. also am planning to get Nothing but Victory - the Army of the Tennessee by Steven Woodworth .. looks like it may be a good one ..
            Tom Gilbert
            carlw4514 <carlw4514@...> wrote:
            last year we got some great tips on some good books to give.
            anybody got anything good on the list this year?

            YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

            Yahoo! Shopping
          • Bill Gower
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 10, 2005

              I have been reading “Nothing But Victory” and I am up to the Atlanta Campaign.  It is a well written book and a very enjoyable read.  It has become a welcome addition to my library along with histories on the AOT and ANV and AOTP.

              Bill

              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 10, 2005
                I'm hearing raves about America's Constitution, by Akhil Reed Amar, particularly with regard to the first parts where he explores and explains the framing of that document.

                Ken
              • Tom Gilbert
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 12, 2005
                  Thanks Bill! I read another book by Woodworth a few years ago, and it was likewise well done .. over the weekend I found a copy on EBay for a very reasonable price, and it is "in the mail" .. looking forward to getting it! .. tom g