Re: [civilwarwest] FW: GDG- The Pizza Hut in Franklin, TN

  • lilsteve68@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 30, 2005
      The Pizza Hut is gone for good!!!  Due to some unexpected events I had to miss the first of the day event. But did get to meet Ed Bearss and Jim Lighthizer..

      It was a most beautiful day in Franklin as Greg has mentioned..
      Mr Bearss led the  march from Winstead Hill  to the Carter House at 4pm

      There was a candle light open house at Carnton but  due to being up since 5am this morning I was pretty beat and chose to go home instead of attending.

      regards,
      Steven
    • joey sallee
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2005
        This is so great to hear. I visited Franklin about a year and a half ago,
        and though I had read about how things were there, it was not until I saw it
        with my own eyes that I realized just how much had been lost to "progress."
        This was truly a unique case where battlefield land will be reclaimed. It
        sets a wonderful example of how people working together for a united cause
        can be successful despite the odds.

        It is thrilling to know that our grandchildren and countless others will be
        able to eventually view much of the land from a perspective that will allow
        them to understand the sacrifices made by all of the men who fought at
        Franklin. This is a battle that has been neglected for far too long, and
        perhaps this will shed some light on what occurred there.

        Outstanding, my regards to everyone who had a hand in making this a reality.

        Joseph Sallee