FW: GDG- The Pizza Hut in Franklin, TN

  • Bob Huddleston
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 30, 2005
      From Greg Biggs.

      Take care,

      Bob

      Judy and Bob Huddleston
      10643 Sperry Street
      Northglenn, CO 80234-3612
      303.451.6376 Huddleston.r@...

      "Don't argue with someone who claims the earth is flat. You haven't given it
      a second thought, whereas he has spent 20 years thinking about and obsessing
      over why it is flat."
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 30, 2005
        The Pizza Hut is gone for good!!!  Due to some unexpected events I had to miss the first of the day event. But did get to meet Ed Bearss and Jim Lighthizer..

        It was a most beautiful day in Franklin as Greg has mentioned..
        Mr Bearss led the  march from Winstead Hill  to the Carter House at 4pm

        There was a candle light open house at Carnton but  due to being up since 5am this morning I was pretty beat and chose to go home instead of attending.

        regards,
        Steven
      • joey sallee
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 1, 2005
          This is so great to hear. I visited Franklin about a year and a half ago,
          and though I had read about how things were there, it was not until I saw it
          with my own eyes that I realized just how much had been lost to "progress."
          This was truly a unique case where battlefield land will be reclaimed. It
          sets a wonderful example of how people working together for a united cause
          can be successful despite the odds.

          It is thrilling to know that our grandchildren and countless others will be
          able to eventually view much of the land from a perspective that will allow
          them to understand the sacrifices made by all of the men who fought at
          Franklin. This is a battle that has been neglected for far too long, and
          perhaps this will shed some light on what occurred there.

          Outstanding, my regards to everyone who had a hand in making this a reality.

          Joseph Sallee