Re: [civilwarwest] A Friend is Gone.

  • Rick Moody
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 2005
      --- Dick Weeks <shotgun@...> wrote:

      > It is such a great thing to live in the age we do.
      > No longer does a friend have to live next door, or
      > even be someone you have to talk to once a week. It
      > merely has to be someone whom you trust and know
      > that he is just a key stroke away. Steve was such a
      > person for me and he will be sorely missed. May the
      > good Lord bless him and give him peace.
      >
      > I am, very respectfully, your obedient servant,
      > Dick (a.k.a. Shotgun)
      > http://www.civilwarhome.com

      Dick,
      How right you are. For many years I only knew one
      person who had a passion for the study of the war.
      Me! The Internet has brought many of us together who
      would otherwise have never met. For that I am
      thankful.

      It always bothers me when someone younger than myself
      passes away. My Grandfather used to say that as he
      “got older he started to know too many dead people.”
      That was his way of saying thanks to God for allowing
      him to live a full rich life. He also said, “I guess
      that I still have good work to do.” Maybe Steve was
      finished and it was time for him to rest? I am glad
      that I have been able to read some of his past
      writings that carlw4514 has seen fit to preserve in
      the links.

      Thanks to Carl and thanks to you all!

      Rick Moody
      r_moody@...