Re: [civilwarwest] Re: dang it, Dang it, DANG IT...

  • basecat1@aol.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 1, 2005
      As one who considers it very fortunate to have met and toured battlefields with Steve, am deeply saddened here by his passing on Saturday.

      Steve's wealth of knowledge on the Civil War out west always boggled the mind, and fondly recall the tours of Shiloh, in 1999, and Chickamauga and Chattanooga, in 2001 that he led for the Civil War Chat Room.

      Am honored to have known him, and will always remember him.

      Rest in Peace.

      Regards from the Garden State,

      Steve Basic

    • Steve Saultz
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 1, 2005
        It just ain't fair sometimes.

               No sir, it never is.  Hats off and a 21 gun Salute given here!  Is there someone here in the group that knew him well...Perhaps send condolence email to his family from CWWT??

             Stay well, warm and dry my fellow group...Winter is upon us..Drink your OJ and ALL take care.

                    Most Respectfully Your Humble Servant,

                      Steve Saultz

                      Capt. McCracken  /  Partisan Ranger

        carlw4514 <carlw4514@...> wrote:

        If anyone would like to know how much his contributions will be missed
        in our little group, you may check out the 'links' section at the
        website and then go to 'bookmarks in our archive'
        The man's knowledge was pretty awesome... as was his ability to put it
        in words. But he was always humble enough to add that " I could be
        wrong " I'd say he was pretty famous for in these parts.
        It just ain't fair sometimes. He will be missed here.

        Carl

      • CashG79@aol.com
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 1, 2005
          Steve was a terrific person and I learned a great deal from him.  This is really awful news.

          Regards,
          Cash
        • lilsteve68@aol.com
          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 1, 2005
            He will be missed greatly.. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and all that knew him personaly .   I only new him for the board here and learned lots form from  here.

            Rest in peace Stephen

            Steven cone

          • keeno2@aol.com
            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 1, 2005
              To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven ...

              Goodbye, AoT. We are all better off because you were here.
              Ken
            • Dave Mercado
              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 1, 2005
                Steve will be greatly missed by all his many Civil War friends.
                His thoughtful essays on this board put many topics being discussed
                into proper perspective. – Dave Mercado