Re: [civilwarwest] Re: dang it, Dang it, DANG IT...
- As one who considers it very fortunate to have met and toured battlefields with Steve, am deeply saddened here by his passing on Saturday.Steve's wealth of knowledge on the Civil War out west always boggled the mind, and fondly recall the tours of Shiloh, in 1999, and Chickamauga and Chattanooga, in 2001 that he led for the Civil War Chat Room.Am honored to have known him, and will always remember him.Rest in Peace.Regards from the Garden State,Steve Basic
- It just ain't fair sometimes.
No sir, it never is. Hats off and a 21 gun Salute given here! Is there someone here in the group that knew him well...Perhaps send condolence email to his family from CWWT??
Stay well, warm and dry my fellow group...Winter is upon us..Drink your OJ and ALL take care.
Most Respectfully Your Humble Servant,
Capt. McCracken / Partisan Ranger
carlw4514 <carlw4514@...> wrote:
If anyone would like to know how much his contributions will be missed
in our little group, you may check out the 'links' section at the
website and then go to 'bookmarks in our archive'
The man's knowledge was pretty awesome... as was his ability to put it
in words. But he was always humble enough to add that " I could be
wrong " I'd say he was pretty famous for in these parts.
It just ain't fair sometimes. He will be missed here.
--- In firstname.lastname@example.org, "hank9174" <clarkc@m...> wrote:
> Ladies and gentlemen,
> This is obituary is in today's Memphis Commercial-Appeal...
> STEPHEN DYER WAKEFIELD, 53, of Memphis, formerly of Terre Haute, IN,
> passed away [...]
- He will be missed greatly.. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and all that knew him personaly . I only new him for the board here and learned lots form from here.Rest in peace StephenSteven cone
- To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven ...Goodbye, AoT. We are all better off because you were here.Ken
- Steve will be greatly missed by all his many Civil War friends.
His thoughtful essays on this board put many topics being discussed
into proper perspective. Dave Mercado