Re: dang it, Dang it, DANG IT...

  • carlw4514
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 1, 2005
      If anyone would like to know how much his contributions will be missed
      in our little group, you may check out the 'links' section at the
      website and then go to 'bookmarks in our archive'
      The man's knowledge was pretty awesome... as was his ability to put it
      in words. But he was always humble enough to add that " I could be
      wrong " I'd say he was pretty famous for in these parts.
      It just ain't fair sometimes. He will be missed here.

      Carl

    • GnrlJEJohnston@aol.com
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 1, 2005
        In a message dated 11/1/2005 6:23:55 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, carlw4514@... writes:
        The man's knowledge was pretty awesome... as was his ability to put it
        in words. But he was always humble enough to add that " I could be
        wrong " I'd say he was pretty famous for in these parts.
        It just ain't fair sometimes. He will be missed here.
        It is difficult to put away the pain of losing such a friend but with my religious belief, I am happy that no longer will he ever have to suffer pain like he did upon this earth.  Once or twice in a lifetime, we are privilege to come across an individual like Steve.  He was special.  His "And too, I could be wrong" will always be a lesson of humility to us who too often think that we know it all.  We will never know it all for education goes on from the womb to the tomb.  In closing, part of a poem that I wrote years ago best tells of my feelings.

        Rest he has needed, more and more
        Is there waiting for him at Heaven's great door.
        Final rest he'll have at this place
        Final rest without disgrace.

        Vaya con Dios Steve

        Wayne
      • LWhite64@aol.com
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 1, 2005
          This really is sad news.

          Lee
        • basecat1@aol.com
          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 1, 2005
            As one who considers it very fortunate to have met and toured battlefields with Steve, am deeply saddened here by his passing on Saturday.

            Steve's wealth of knowledge on the Civil War out west always boggled the mind, and fondly recall the tours of Shiloh, in 1999, and Chickamauga and Chattanooga, in 2001 that he led for the Civil War Chat Room.

            Am honored to have known him, and will always remember him.

            Rest in Peace.

            Regards from the Garden State,

            Steve Basic

          • Steve Saultz
            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 1, 2005
              It just ain't fair sometimes.

                     No sir, it never is.  Hats off and a 21 gun Salute given here!  Is there someone here in the group that knew him well...Perhaps send condolence email to his family from CWWT??

                   Stay well, warm and dry my fellow group...Winter is upon us..Drink your OJ and ALL take care.

                          Most Respectfully Your Humble Servant,

                            Steve Saultz

                            Capt. McCracken  /  Partisan Ranger

            • CashG79@aol.com
              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 1, 2005
                Steve was a terrific person and I learned a great deal from him.  This is really awful news.

                Regards,
                Cash
              • lilsteve68@aol.com
                Message 7 of 12 , Nov 1, 2005
                  He will be missed greatly.. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and all that knew him personaly .   I only new him for the board here and learned lots form from  here.

                  Rest in peace Stephen

                  Steven cone

                • keeno2@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 12 , Nov 1, 2005
                    To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven ...

                    Goodbye, AoT. We are all better off because you were here.
                    Ken
                  • Dave Mercado
                    Message 9 of 12 , Nov 1, 2005
                      Steve will be greatly missed by all his many Civil War friends.
                      His thoughtful essays on this board put many topics being discussed
                      into proper perspective. – Dave Mercado