Nothing But Victory The Army of the Tennessee

  • Bill Gower
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 27, 2005

      I just received my copy from Amazon today and am already enjoying the book.  I find Woodworth to be a great author and enjoy reading his books.  Although I have read more books on the AOP than I have the AOTT, I think that the AOTT was easily the better army of the two.  As to why that is, I think that some of that is due to the quality of the fighting men and an even larger part is due to the quality of the leadership.  As the author points out in the introduction, it has been said that the AOP was molded in the image of the McClellan whereas the AOTT was molded in the image of Grant.  That says it all right there.

      Bill