Re: [civilwarwest] Re: Did the south have a chance?

  • vck21k@aol.com
    Message 1 of 50 , Oct 4, 2005
      . . . and World War One lasted just over four short years.

      To all you amateur & professional historians:  I do not post as I am relatively ignorant, but so enjoy using this group as one means to catch up on long-pent-up interest in the American Civil War now that I've taken an early retirement.  In re the above excerpt from a most interesting summation of 19th & 20th century conflicts:  I have been harboring an increasingly strong opinion that World War Two was a continuation of World War One.  Apologies for adding to what is arguably 'out of theater" but I want to send kudos to all you fascinating folks!
              Regards from Victoria Kennedy, Falls Church, Virginia;  descendant of U.S.A. soldier [18th Pennsylvania Cavalry Regiment] from middle Tennessee, and assorted "Rebels" from same area as well.
    • vck21k@aol.com
      Message 50 of 50 , Oct 4, 2005