Re: [civilwarwest] Break the Tension??

  • keeno2@aol.com
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 1, 2005
      In a message dated 10/1/2005 1:41:46 PM Central Daylight Time, GnrlJEJohnston@... writes:
      This must be the Indiana spelling
      Where is Dan Quayle when we need him?
      Ken
    • banbruner@aol.com
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 1, 2005
        In a message dated 10/1/2005 6:06:19 PM Eastern Daylight Time, keeno2@... writes:
        In a message dated 10/1/2005 1:41:46 PM Central Daylight Time, GnrlJEJohnston@... writes:
        This must be the Indiana spelling
        Where is Dan Quayle when we need him?
        Ken
        I see that the moratorium on comments regarding current politics and or politicians didn't last long,
        WHB
      • Tom Mix
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 1, 2005

          I apologize.  Didn’t mean it that a way.  Just defending us Hoosiers.  Dan is a nice guy.  I have met him and can say that for sure.  No more comments here. I’ll try not to talk on anything.  Lurking is the only way to live.

          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 1, 2005
            Don't think he is current politics and, anyway, I think he lives in Colorado now.

            Take care,

            Bob

            Judy and Bob Huddleston
            10643 Sperry Street
            Northglenn, CO  80234-3612
            303.451.6376  Huddleston.r@...

            Please try to understand this. It's not an easy thing to hear, but please listen. There is no morality in warfare. You kill children. You kill women. You kill old men. You don't seek them out, but they die. That's what happens in war. — Paul Tibbets

            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 1, 2005
              I believe the topic was the spelling of potato. It's certainly off topic, but it ain't politics.
              Ken
            • banbruner@aol.com
              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 1, 2005
                In a message dated 10/1/2005 9:06:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tmix@... writes:

                  No more comments here. I’ll try not to talk on anything.  Lurking is the only way to live.

                Please say it aint so Tom.  Mine was only an observation not a complaint.
                Bill Bruner
              • Steve Saultz
                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 1, 2005
                                   Aaaaggghhh!!  Don't go there...Sir...LOL...

                  GnrlJEJohnston@... wrote:
                  Subject: Potatoe
                  Message 8 of 13 , Oct 1, 2005
                                                   It isn't even what I mean't...Nor mean't to start.......

                                                  My Apologies Shotgun........
                                                          Respectfully your Humble Servant,
                                                          Capt. McCracken................

                  • hooperjwboro@comcast.net
                    Message 9 of 13 , Oct 9, 2005
                      Been out for a week, Capt.   I Just love southern home fries. LMAO
                      --
                      Respectfully,
                      John Hooper

                             Well, Girl Potato and Boy Potato

                             had eyes for each other,

                             and finally they got married,

                             and had a little sweet potato,

                             which they called 'Yam.'

                            Of course, they wanted the best for Yam.

                            When it was time,

                             they told her about the facts of life.

                            They warned her about going out

                            and getting half-baked,

                           so she wouldn't get accidentally mashed,

                           and get a bad name for herself like

                           'Hot Potato,' and end up with a bunch of Tater Tots.

                           Yam said not to worry,

                           no Spud would get her into

                          the sack and make a rotten potato out of her!

                          But on the other hand

                          she wouldn't stay home

                          and become a Couch Potato either.

                          She would get plenty of exercise

                          so as not to be skinny

                          like her Shoestring cousins.

                         When she went off to Europe,

                         Mr. and Mrs. Potato told Yam

                         to watch out for the hard-boiled guys from Ireland.

                        And the greasy guys from France

                        called the French Fries.

                         And when she went out west,

                        to watch out for the Indians

                        so she wouldn't get scalloped.

                        Yam said she would stay on

                        the straight and narrow and wouldn't associate

                        with those high class Yukon Golds,

                      or the ones from the other side of the tracks

                        who advertise their trade

                        on all the trucks that say,

                        'Frito Lay.'

                        Mr. and Mrs. Potato sent Yam to Idaho P.U.

                      (that's Potato University)

                        so that when she graduated

                      she'd really be in the Chips.

                      But in spite of all they did for her,

                      one-day Yam came home and announced

                      she was going to marry

                      Tom Brokaw.

                      Tom Brokaw!

                      Mr. and Mrs. Potato were very upset.

                      They told Yam she couldn't

                      possibly marry Tom Brokaw

                      because he's just.......

                         Are you ready for this?

                            Are you sure?

                            *
                            *
                            *
                            *
                            *
                            *
                            *

                            OK! Here it is!

                            *
                            *
                            *
                            *
                            *
                            *
                            *
                            *
                            *
                            *
                            *

                            A COMMON TATER

                                        I realize things got a lil onery lately. Hope this
                      can put a smile on a few faces; even for those who dislike me.....
                                 My apologies if I've offended anyone.....
                                   Respectfully Your Humble Servant,
                                    Capt. McCracken / Mo. Partisan