RE: [civilwarwest] Break the Tension??

  • Tom Mix
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 1, 2005

      Oh, please don’t remind us Hoosier’s of Danny Boy.  He can stay in Arizona with his Potatoes.

      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 1, 2005
        In a message dated 10/1/2005 1:41:46 PM Central Daylight Time, GnrlJEJohnston@... writes:
        This must be the Indiana spelling
        Where is Dan Quayle when we need him?
        Ken
      • banbruner@aol.com
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 1, 2005
          In a message dated 10/1/2005 6:06:19 PM Eastern Daylight Time, keeno2@... writes:
          In a message dated 10/1/2005 1:41:46 PM Central Daylight Time, GnrlJEJohnston@... writes:
          This must be the Indiana spelling
          Where is Dan Quayle when we need him?
          Ken
          I see that the moratorium on comments regarding current politics and or politicians didn't last long,
          WHB
        • Tom Mix
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 1, 2005

            I apologize.  Didn’t mean it that a way.  Just defending us Hoosiers.  Dan is a nice guy.  I have met him and can say that for sure.  No more comments here. I’ll try not to talk on anything.  Lurking is the only way to live.

            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 1, 2005
              Don't think he is current politics and, anyway, I think he lives in Colorado now.

              Take care,

              Bob

              Judy and Bob Huddleston
              10643 Sperry Street
              Northglenn, CO  80234-3612
              303.451.6376  Huddleston.r@...

              Please try to understand this. It's not an easy thing to hear, but please listen. There is no morality in warfare. You kill children. You kill women. You kill old men. You don't seek them out, but they die. That's what happens in war. — Paul Tibbets

              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 1, 2005
                I believe the topic was the spelling of potato. It's certainly off topic, but it ain't politics.
                Ken
              • banbruner@aol.com
                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 1, 2005
                  In a message dated 10/1/2005 9:06:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tmix@... writes:

                    No more comments here. I’ll try not to talk on anything.  Lurking is the only way to live.

                  Please say it aint so Tom.  Mine was only an observation not a complaint.
                  Bill Bruner
                • Steve Saultz
                  Message 8 of 13 , Oct 1, 2005
                                     Aaaaggghhh!!  Don't go there...Sir...LOL...

                    Message 9 of 13 , Oct 1, 2005
                                                     It isn't even what I mean't...Nor mean't to start.......

                                                    My Apologies Shotgun........
                                                            Respectfully your Humble Servant,
                                                            Capt. McCracken................

                    • hooperjwboro@comcast.net
                      Message 10 of 13 , Oct 9, 2005
                        Been out for a week, Capt.   I Just love southern home fries. LMAO
                        --
                        Respectfully,
                        John Hooper

                               Well, Girl Potato and Boy Potato

                               had eyes for each other,

                               and finally they got married,

                               and had a little sweet potato,

                               which they called 'Yam.'

                              Of course, they wanted the best for Yam.

                              When it was time,

                               they told her about the facts of life.

                              They warned her about going out

                              and getting half-baked,

                             so she wouldn't get accidentally mashed,

                             and get a bad name for herself like

                             'Hot Potato,' and end up with a bunch of Tater Tots.

                             Yam said not to worry,

                             no Spud would get her into

                            the sack and make a rotten potato out of her!

                            But on the other hand

                            she wouldn't stay home

                            and become a Couch Potato either.

                            She would get plenty of exercise

                            so as not to be skinny

                            like her Shoestring cousins.

                           When she went off to Europe,

                           Mr. and Mrs. Potato told Yam

                           to watch out for the hard-boiled guys from Ireland.

                          And the greasy guys from France

                          called the French Fries.

                           And when she went out west,

                          to watch out for the Indians

                          so she wouldn't get scalloped.

                          Yam said she would stay on

                          the straight and narrow and wouldn't associate

                          with those high class Yukon Golds,

                        or the ones from the other side of the tracks

                          who advertise their trade

                          on all the trucks that say,

                          'Frito Lay.'

                          Mr. and Mrs. Potato sent Yam to Idaho P.U.

                        (that's Potato University)

                          so that when she graduated

                        she'd really be in the Chips.

                        But in spite of all they did for her,

                        one-day Yam came home and announced

                        she was going to marry

                        Tom Brokaw.

                        Tom Brokaw!

                        Mr. and Mrs. Potato were very upset.

                        They told Yam she couldn't

                        possibly marry Tom Brokaw

                        because he's just.......

                           Are you ready for this?

                              Are you sure?

                              *
                              *
                              *
                              *
                              *
                              *
                              *

                              OK! Here it is!

                              *
                              *
                              *
                              *
                              *
                              *
                              *
                              *
                              *
                              *
                              *

                              A COMMON TATER

                                          I realize things got a lil onery lately. Hope this
                        can put a smile on a few faces; even for those who dislike me.....
                                   My apologies if I've offended anyone.....
                                     Respectfully Your Humble Servant,
                                      Capt. McCracken / Mo. Partisan