Re: [civilwarwest] Re: The Myth of Nathan Bedford Forrest

  • GnrlJEJohnston@aol.com
    Message 1 of 34 , Oct 1 10:41 AM
      In a message dated 9/30/2005 6:33:05 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, hooperjwboro@... writes:
      Dave ,  Gen is suggesting100-5 uses Forrest's tactics without giving him credit, it seems you are content to discredit Forrest.  Nonetheless, Forrest performed at Bryces Cross Roads without anyones manual or any WP training.

      Respectfully,
      John Hooper
      No John, I am not suggesting that 100-5 used Forrest's tactics without giving him credit.   What I am saying, that 57 years before the 100-5 came about, Forrest with forth sight used tactics that epitomize those that can now be found in 100-5. In other words, he used tactics way ahead of his time and that those tactics are still used in today's study of war fighting.  Which is essentially what you stated above about his performance without a manual or WP training.  I started a post that lists the nine principles of war as published in the 100-5 and how 57 years earlier, Forrest demonstrated to perfection those nine principles at Brice's Cross Roads,  but then AOL crashed me   A lot of work for naught.

      JEJ
    • hooperjwboro@comcast.net
      Message 34 of 34 , Oct 9 6:20 PM
        Been out Gnrl.,   Sorry , I assumed to much
        --
        Respectfully,
        John Hooper