Break the Tension??

  • tristan4th
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 1, 2005
      Subject: Potatoe

      Well, Girl Potato and Boy Potato

      had eyes for each other,

      and finally they got married,

      and had a little sweet potato,

      which they called 'Yam.'

      Of course, they wanted the best for Yam.

      When it was time,

      they told her about the facts of life.

      They warned her about going out

      and getting half-baked,

      so she wouldn't get accidentally mashed,

      and get a bad name for herself like

      'Hot Potato,' and end up with a bunch of Tater Tots.

      Yam said not to worry,

      no Spud would get her into

      the sack and make a rotten potato out of her!

      But on the other hand

      she wouldn't stay home

      and become a Couch Potato either.

      She would get plenty of exercise

      so as not to be skinny

      like her Shoestring cousins.

      When she went off to Europe,

      Mr. and Mrs. Potato told Yam

      to watch out for the hard-boiled guys from Ireland.

      And the greasy guys from France

      called the French Fries.

      And when she went out west,

      to watch out for the Indians

      so she wouldn't get scalloped.

      Yam said she would stay on

      the straight and narrow and wouldn't associate

      with those high class Yukon Golds,

      or the ones from the other side of the tracks

      who advertise their trade

      on all the trucks that say,

      'Frito Lay.'

      Mr. and Mrs. Potato sent Yam to Idaho P.U.

      (that's Potato University)

      so that when she graduated

      she'd really be in the Chips.

      But in spite of all they did for her,

      one-day Yam came home and announced

      she was going to marry

      Tom Brokaw.

      Tom Brokaw!

      Mr. and Mrs. Potato were very upset.

      They told Yam she couldn't

      possibly marry Tom Brokaw

      because he's just.......

      Are you ready for this?

      Are you sure?

      *
      *
      *
      *
      *
      *
      *

      OK! Here it is!

      *
      *
      *
      *
      *
      *
      *
      *
      *
      *
      *

      A COMMON TATER

      I realize things got a lil onery lately. Hope this
      can put a smile on a few faces; even for those who dislike me.....
      My apologies if I've offended anyone.....
      Respectfully Your Humble Servant,
      Capt. McCracken / Mo. Partisan
    • John O'Connor
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 1, 2005
        Very good Cap - LOL

      • GnrlJEJohnston@aol.com
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 1, 2005
          In a message dated 10/1/2005 11:54:13 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, hvonbork@... writes:
          This must be the Indiana spelling
        • Tom Mix
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 1, 2005

            Oh, please don’t remind us Hoosier’s of Danny Boy.  He can stay in Arizona with his Potatoes.

            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 1, 2005
              In a message dated 10/1/2005 1:41:46 PM Central Daylight Time, GnrlJEJohnston@... writes:
              This must be the Indiana spelling
              Where is Dan Quayle when we need him?
              Ken
            • banbruner@aol.com
              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 1, 2005
                In a message dated 10/1/2005 6:06:19 PM Eastern Daylight Time, keeno2@... writes:
                In a message dated 10/1/2005 1:41:46 PM Central Daylight Time, GnrlJEJohnston@... writes:
                This must be the Indiana spelling
                Where is Dan Quayle when we need him?
                Ken
                I see that the moratorium on comments regarding current politics and or politicians didn't last long,
                WHB
              • Tom Mix
                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 1, 2005

                  I apologize.  Didn’t mean it that a way.  Just defending us Hoosiers.  Dan is a nice guy.  I have met him and can say that for sure.  No more comments here. I’ll try not to talk on anything.  Lurking is the only way to live.

                  Message 8 of 13 , Oct 1, 2005
                    Don't think he is current politics and, anyway, I think he lives in Colorado now.

                    Take care,

                    Bob

                    Judy and Bob Huddleston
                    10643 Sperry Street
                    Northglenn, CO  80234-3612
                    303.451.6376  Huddleston.r@...

                    Please try to understand this. It's not an easy thing to hear, but please listen. There is no morality in warfare. You kill children. You kill women. You kill old men. You don't seek them out, but they die. That's what happens in war. — Paul Tibbets

                    Message 9 of 13 , Oct 1, 2005
                      I believe the topic was the spelling of potato. It's certainly off topic, but it ain't politics.
                      Ken
                    • banbruner@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 13 , Oct 1, 2005
                        In a message dated 10/1/2005 9:06:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tmix@... writes:

                          No more comments here. I’ll try not to talk on anything.  Lurking is the only way to live.

                        Please say it aint so Tom.  Mine was only an observation not a complaint.
                        Bill Bruner
                      • Steve Saultz
                        Message 11 of 13 , Oct 1, 2005
                                           Aaaaggghhh!!  Don't go there...Sir...LOL...

                          Message 12 of 13 , Oct 1, 2005
                                                           It isn't even what I mean't...Nor mean't to start.......

                                                          My Apologies Shotgun........

                          • hooperjwboro@comcast.net
                            Message 13 of 13 , Oct 9, 2005
                              Been out for a week, Capt.   I Just love southern home fries. LMAO
                              --
                              Respectfully,
                              John Hooper