Advice, PLEASE???

  • tristan4th
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 14, 2005
      I by no means intended this to become an all out debate on who can
      keep up with Andretti or not thru Tenn. & Ga. mountains.
      Simply knew some of you fellows could pass some "SAFE" advice along
      to the lady. Which I think, hopefully, has been done.
      But by now, she's probably changed "History Subjects" and is headed
      due west to study the Hopis in the flats of northern Arizona...
      Respectfully, Capt. McCracken......
    • ecm777@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 14, 2005
        Capt. McCraken, I don't remember the original post that started this discussion, but if the lady needs someone to take her around the area, I would be happy to help.  I agree with most of posts that some areas can be dangerous, especially if you don't know where you are going and not use to the area.  However, being a native, I don't think it's that big a deal.  But, then heck, what do I know. I get confused at the circle in the center of Gettysburg.:D

        Unfortunately, Missionary Ridge is not for sight-seeing tourist.  You can drive at a safe speed and take a quick glance at the tablets.  But the only way to truly "read" them would be to walk the length, which would be a full days trip.

        Lookout Mtn. is a pleasant drive. The incline is a great way up the mountain too.  And, like Pat, I also have pictures of those that didn't enjoy the ride up the mountain so much. :-)

        If I can be of help, please email me.

        Colleen aka CWgal