Re: Hornet's Nest

  • Ray Todd Knight
    Message 1 of 66 , Sep 4, 2005

      > In a message dated 9/4/2005 10:04:03 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      > keeno2@a... writes:
      >
      > Gen'l: If the bodies had "aready been buried," presumably "where
      they fell,"
      > where are the trenches for those who fell in front of the Hornet's
      nest?
      > Were they carted to one of the other trenches for burial?
      >
      > Rspfly, Ken

      If my memory serves Pittsburg Landing was still used as an active camp
      during the entire Corinth campaign. As was stated earlier the area in
      front of the Hornets Nest was clear fields. I would assume that the
      troops on burial detail would not put the burial trenches in the midst
      of their own camps, but to the outskirts of the camp area.

      Todd
    • oneplez
      Message 66 of 66 , Jan 9, 2006
        Sorry Mr. Weeks, I thought I sent this offline.

        Don