Re: [civilwarwest] Hornet's Nest

  • GnrlJEJohnston@aol.com
    Message 1 of 66 , Sep 4, 2005
      In a message dated 9/4/2005 10:04:03 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, keeno2@... writes:
      Gen'l: If the bodies had "aready been buried," presumably "where they fell," where are the trenches for those who fell in front of the Hornet's nest? Were they carted to one of the other trenches for burial?

      Rspfly, Ken
      Were the Union dead not buried what is now the cemetery by the NPS Hq beginning on April 7th 1862. (At least those that were readily found).  The Rebs were dumped in three or four trenches and then covered up beginning on the 7th as well.

      JEJ
    • oneplez
      Message 66 of 66 , Jan 9, 2006
        Sorry Mr. Weeks, I thought I sent this offline.

        Don