Re: [civilwarwest] Perryville

  • David Woodbury
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 2, 2001
      Dick,

      Regarding the search for information on Perryville, I would suggest
      that he call up the Perryville Battlefield Visitor Center -- (859)
      332-8631 -- and get ahold of a copy of the Perryville issue of "Blue
      & Gray" (or order it through the B&G website). That will give him a
      very good summary. Additionally, I believe there is a brand new book
      out by Kent Masterson Brown with a collection of essays on Perryville.

      There's a pretty good web site at
      http://www.danville-ky.com/BoyleCounty/perryenh.htm which includes a
      walking tour map.

      David
    • glblank@ticon.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 20, 2001
        --- In civilwarwest@y..., David Woodbury <woodbury@s...> wrote:
        > Dick,
        >
        > Regarding the search for information on Perryville, I would suggest
        > that he call up the Perryville Battlefield Visitor Center -- (859)
        > 332-8631 -- and get ahold of a copy of the Perryville issue of "Blue
        > & Gray" (or order it through the B&G website). That will give him a
        > very good summary. Additionally, I believe there is a brand new book
        > out by Kent Masterson Brown with a collection of essays on
        Perryville.

        Geez, do I need my glasses fixed. I completely missed this post.
        May I suggest the book, "Perryville, Battle for Kentucky" by Kenneth
        Hafendorfer, avaliable at Amazon. I also will be looking forward to
        the KMB colletion of essays.

        Geoff