Re: Cumberland Gap, August 1863

  • sdwakefield@prodigy.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 24, 2001
      The officer in question was John Wesley Frazer West Point class of
      1849. At the time of the surrender he had been nominated to the rank
      of Brigadier General however after the surrender the Senate ejected
      the nomination. He remained a captive til the end of the war. I
      beleive that the actual date of the surrender was September 9th 1863.
      Regards-
      Wakefield
    • sdwakefield@prodigy.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 24, 2001
        Sorry for this omission I think that Frazer's proir unit had been the
        28th Alabama but I could be wrong I am working off memory..