Burnside's hesitance

  • josepharose
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 12, 2005
      Burnside's seeming delay around the time of Chickamauga was also
      commented on, I think, by such contemporary sources as Lincoln,
      Halleck, Rosecrans (who, admittedly, had reason to be biased), and Dana.

      Not counting Burnside's own rationale, can you think of any
      independent observers who suggested that Burnside did as much as he could?

      Joseph