Re: [civilwarwest] Re: Tour of Champion Hill

  • basecat1@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 5, 2005
      I can certainly understand that, but apparently Terry's tours
      previously included a visit to the Champion Hill peak.  It wasn't
      just our tour, but all tours that have ceased to visit the peak after
      Mr. Champion informed Terry that he would begin charging for access
      to the property.  From the sounds of it, there's some ill feeling
      between the two.
      On a separate note, apparently Sid Champion has given a tour to
      someone who is a rogue relic seeker posing as a tourist.  The fellow
      is digging all over the Champion property and the adjoining property
      that now belongs to the Mississippi archives.  The jerk is even
      taunting Sid with the garbage that he leaves behind: 9 volt metal
      detector batteries posted on stumps for easy discovery.

      Tony,

      Have no clue about the problems Sid and Terry have, am sure they have issues. Thing is, in an event like this, with folks coming from everywhere, and with events planned, months in advance, and just saying my opinion, no way we can get involved in that type of nonsense.

      I know you are local, and know more about what goes on down there, but those who plan the muster don't have that knowledge, and I would have been the first one to offer Mr. Champion his fee or his tour..so all could have seen it.

      Regards from the Garden State,

      Steve