Re: [civilwarwest] Re: Pea Ridge

  • GnrlJEJohnston@aol.com
    Message 1 of 59 , Jul 29, 2005
      In a message dated 7/29/2005 7:50:28 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, norrisdarrall@... writes:
      I also think Curtis is one of the under appreciated Generals in the
      Union Army.

      Norris

      IIRC, Curtis also did an amazing engineering feat.  That is in designing and building the water mains in St Louis of which a couple are still in operation today just North of the Arch.

      JEJ
    • Dan Giallombardo
      Message 59 of 59 , Aug 1, 2005
        Yeah, I know how that goes....Dan

        > In a message dated 7/29/2005 9:33:42 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
        > GnrlJEJohnston@a... writes:
        >
        > Also, wasn't it Curtis that chased Steele over five hundred miles
        across
        > Arkansas. The longest pursuit in the CW.
        >
        > JEJ
        >

        > Delete this post, it was Price that was chased and it was either
        Curtis or