[civilwarwest] hello!

  • Autumn0102@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 29, 1999
      Hello~~
      Hey! My name is Autumn, and I am your 16 year old new comer! I came
      here not only to discuss the war with you guys, but to get help as well. I
      took Advanced Placement US History. his year, and
      to get out of the class we have to write a 10 page term paper..We are aloud
      to pick whatever we want, so of course I chose the civil war. But now I need
      to find something to write it on. I have one idea, but I doubt it will
      work..I was wondering if you guys could help me find something decent to
      write about, but something that I can write 10 pages about!
      It's very appreciated,
      Autumn Porter
    • Autumn0102@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 30, 1999
          Hi Autumn,

          Welcome aboard. It is always most gratifying to have the younger folks with
          the group. Believe it or not, you will have a lot to offer. Sometimes a
          young, uncluttered mind can see things more clearly than us older folks can.
          As far as your report goes, help from this group should be no problem as
          long you make it on something in the Western Theater. Just remember, the
          Civil War was long and complex and a lot, if not most, of it occurred
          outside Lee's Army of Northern Virginia. Of course you may not know that
          the way the war seems to be taught in the schools :-) Seriously though, you
          pick your subject and I'm sure you will receive more than enough help here.
          Heck, 'spect most here could fill up ten pages on just about anything you
          care to mention about the late unpleasantness. The number of pages is only
          important to your teacher, what you say in those ten pages should be
          important to you.

          Dick (a.k.a. Shotgun)
          http://www.civilwarhome.com

          > Hey! My name is Autumn, and I am your 16 year old new comer! I came
          > here not only to discuss the war with you guys, but to get help as well.
          > took Advanced Placement US History. his year, and
          > to get out of the class we have to write a 10 page term paper..We are
          aloud
          > to pick whatever we want, so of course I chose the civil war. But now I
          need
          > to find something to write it on. I have one idea, but I doubt it will
          > work..I was wondering if you guys could help me find something decent to
          > write about, but something that I can write 10 pages about!
          > It's very appreciated,
          > Autumn Porter

          > You can today at X.com - and we'll give you $20 to try it! Sign
          > up today at X.com. It's quick, free, & there's no obligation!
          >
          > eGroups.com Home: http://www.egroups.com/group/civilwarwest/

        • Dick Weeks