Re: [civilwarwest] Re: An introduction

  • tairisanders2000@aol.com
    Message 1 of 60 , Jul 1 12:40 PM
      In a message dated 01/07/2005 20:36:09 GMT Daylight Time, GnrlJEJohnston@... writes:
      One of the best 4th that I experienced was in 1987.  We were on a Rhine River cruise and from dusk until midnight, there was continuous fireworks, castles burning, etc. etc. as we traveled up the Rhine.  I thought that it was very unique that they would be celebrating our fourth of July until I found out that in reality, they were celebrating the opening of the Rhine Season.

      JEJ
      If your ever in England 4th of July you should head to Grosvenor Square, the pubs are packed with Americans celebrating from the US Embassy and Consulate...Although these days it is mostly Brits who work there

      TA
    • keeno2@aol.com
      Message 60 of 60 , Jul 1 7:02 PM
        Touching tale. Any American Legion or VFW post would be happy to take the flag and burn it properly.

        You might suggest to the unrepentant yankee, that she might use "daft sod" occasionally.