Re: [civilwarwest] Re: An introduction

  • tairisanders2000@aol.com
    Message 1 of 60 , Jul 1, 2005
      In a message dated 01/07/2005 20:07:13 GMT Daylight Time, CAMPAIGN62@... writes:
      I remember being told in college that those who study dialect can tell where
      you are from, almost to the street you grew up on. I wonder if it's the same
      "over the water"?

      Best regards.

      Almost, I was London born and bred, however my son is being raised 75 miles from London and already has a clear unmistakable Essex dialect. Even London itself there differences between north south east and west but much more subtle and most folk cannot tell the difference
    • keeno2@aol.com
      Message 60 of 60 , Jul 1, 2005
        Touching tale. Any American Legion or VFW post would be happy to take the flag and burn it properly.

        You might suggest to the unrepentant yankee, that she might use "daft sod" occasionally.