Re: [civilwarwest] Re: An introduction

  • GnrlJEJohnston@aol.com
    Message 1 of 60 , Jul 1, 2005
      In a message dated 7/1/2005 12:08:59 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, tairisanders2000@... writes:
      Oh as a final thought that might amuse you I was asked by an American Lady if the British celebrated July 4th to which i replied "Of course we relish all our defeats"
      And if I remember my history correct, it was the only time that the Black Watch was ever defeated.

      JEJ
    • keeno2@aol.com
      Message 60 of 60 , Jul 1, 2005
        Touching tale. Any American Legion or VFW post would be happy to take the flag and burn it properly.

        You might suggest to the unrepentant yankee, that she might use "daft sod" occasionally.