Re: Terry Winschel at muster yesterday

  • Vickie
    Message 1 of 24 , Jun 26, 2005
      We all have our own reasons for coming to muster. My reason was to see
      where my realatives fought for what they believed in and to learn
      something about the battle.
      I think Terry did a great job, with limited time there is no way you
      can get into complete detail of everything.
      I heard questions being asked and it seemed to me most got a good
      answer from Terry.
      I was very impressed that Terry took the time to point out places of
      special interest to some of the people in our group . Making the tour
      more personal for me.
      Obviously Tony doesn't know most of our group very well. He seems to
      be the only one who thinks we are only there to party.If he really
      knew us he would know that is not the case.
      I heard ALLOT of Civil War discussions around the pool in the
      evening.And enjoyed just sitting and listening(between dips in the pool)
      So what if the pool is the setting for that talk .

      Tim & I went back to the battle field Sunday before we left. There we
      found the names of our realatives on the wall at the WI monument! ! I
      took pictures of the names(which came out really good.) And did
      rubbings of the names . I cant even begin to explain what we felt when
      we found those names,feelings beyond description .

      Once again a great muster ,touring a battle field with people who have
      the same basic interest is always special .

      Now to get my pictures ready to post online.

      Vickie