Confederates at Marmiton River, Misouri, 25 October 1864

  • Rafael Mackenzie
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 10, 2005
      My friends,

      At the end of Price's 1864 Missouri Raid there were two small
      engagements at Marmiton River (10/25/64) and Newtonia (10/28/64).

      It is my understanding that after Mine Creek, Shelby took command of
      the rearguard. He mentions in his report the engagement at Newtonia
      but doesn't say anything regarding the Marmiton River clash.

      Can anybody confir his presence at Marmiton River?

      Thanks in advance for any help in clarifying this little issue.

      Regards,

      Rafael