RE: [civilwarwest] FW: Severance on Marszalek, _Commander of All Lincoln's Ar...

  • Bob Huddleston
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2005
      There is an old Army saying that either the captain or the first sergeant must be a SOB to have an effective company. Lincoln, like all politicians, hated to say no. He was fortunate to have two SOBs working for him -- Stanton and Halleck. :>)

      Take care,

      Bob

      Judy and Bob Huddleston
      10643 Sperry Street
      Northglenn, CO  80234-3612
      303.451.6376  huddleston.r@...

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 1, 2005
        And therein lies Lincoln's forte.  He could insulate, transfer, build. and obfuscate with ultimate mastery.We still have but a small grasp of his capabilities. Call it what you will, the man was a master of the art of administering and making adjustments.