Horses

  • virginia_cajun
    Message 1 of 52 , Jun 1, 2005
      I just ran across this blurb at the end of a book review:

      "Dr. David J. Gerleman is a lecturer in American history at George
      Mason University, and is active in numerous history organizations in
      Washington, D. C. He is currently completing a book manuscript
      entitled "'Mount and Master: The Civil War Cavalry Trooper and
      His
      Horse--A Study of Care, Treatment, and Use, 1861-1866.'"

      Art Bergeron
    • pvtjessett
      Message 52 of 52 , May 12, 2006
        Bill Compliments Sir,

        I really hate to be so far behind ya'lls conversation but being a
        Engineer Tech. for a County up here in the U.P. during the week I do
        12s & 14s during our short construction season, so I have little time
        other than eat & sleep, I'll quit whineing- Boo-Hoo.
        Roderick, Forrests Horse, would follow him around camp like a dog, I
        believe hit with a round during battle at which time N.B stuck his
        finger in the wound to stem the bleeding and escaped after reaching
        safety removed the finger and the horse bled out and died. I believe
        there is even a poem wriiten of that steed. I believe his favorite
        was "King Phillip" the one that charged anything blue. I'll leave it
        at that because so many "myths" have come from that peculiar tendency.

        Paul

        -- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "endeavorgot" <banbruner@...>