Re: "Little Big Man" - Doug Keller, Pea Ridge historian

  • ohio11thcav@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 29, 2005
      Pat,

      As soon as I saw your subject line, I knew who you were talking about. I can picture Doug standing in front of the big window looking out over the field at Pea Ridge. I can remember thinking how knowledgeable and how enthusiastic he was. He will be truly missed.

      Jack

         From: "P. B. Jones" <patbartonekjones@...>
      Subject: "Little Big Man" - Doug Keller, Pea Ridge historian

      This may be old news to some, but I just read the news on CWi about Doug's passing in his sleep on Sunday, one day after his 41st birthday.  I've visited Pea Ridge numerous times and was always impressed by Doug's passion for the subject as well as his humor.  I thought some might enjoy the article and pictures of him which can be found at http://www.friendslittlebighorn.com/dougkellertribute.htm

      Note the family asks that in lieu of flowers that donations be made to help finish what Doug started and help the Pea Ridge National Military Park Foundation complete the purchase of the Samuel Curtis Coats for the park's collection.  Doug's memorial service will be within the hour.  RIP Little Big Man.